Search This Blog

Friday, August 2, 2019

Finishing the Wargs of Isengard

Ok, as of this post, I am done with all of my wargs and warg riders... both plastic and lead kits! The last three I had to do, using the same paint scheme I used for the rider-less wargs I painted a month or so ago. I will hold off painting Théoden, Aragorn and the mounted Legolas with Gimli until a later date....



 From the cover art....


 
 I worked on the archer first. Folks said the color scheme seemed too dark for the models, but that is how they were in the movie and also in the painted pics for GW.... I like him a lot better using the Nuln Oil for inking.... it really is a cheat, but it does make things look better.



Sharku and the spear rider were up next.... like usual I didn't take enough pics, but I still wanted to document their completion... with whatever pics I found in my phone, lol! My blog is more for me to look back and remember and learn form my mistakes....


 

 Sharku in the early stages....I like that the ink really helped make the leather banding "pop" without having to go in and try all kinds of highlighting.


The only image of the spearman before he was finished.



Sharku again in all of his evil glory! He was hard to paint because I spent some time trying to make the color schemes and highlights visible to show the different clothing or tack and harness. It all kind of blended together.. in the future, I will approach this different.



Lastly... the three done.... based, painted, highlighted and sealed. They match the rest beautifully.....


No comments:

Post a Comment