Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Short update on LOTR Knights of Minas Tirith

As promised... just a short photo update of what is going on with my Knights of Minas Tirith for Games Workshop's Lord of the RIngs Skirmish game.


As I said earlier... not much to report other than getting three of the horses based up and ready for the riders.




The rider pictured is nowhere near complete, but I wanted to add a splash of color to see how it would "pop" against the base.


I think the little bit of static grass and perhaps a small grass tuft will brighten up the dark image of the rider. I really like the dull steel color... GW Boltgun metal and Ral Partha Steel or chain mail... mixed... I will hit some of the raised edges of the knight with mithril or shining silver... just to make it pop a little more. I think the dark base conveys what I was trying to do... a war torn land, ravaged and barren.... the little bit of grass I will add will represent the hope that still remains... the strength of the Numenorians... nearly vanquished, but not beaten!

When the 2 models are complete, I'll go back and touch up any issues I find, do a little highlighting and then add any scenic materials before I finally seal with a matt varnish....






No comments:

Post a Comment