Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Quick follow up on the SAGA crossbowmen

Instead of editing the last update, I thought I would just put up another quick post about the SAGA Milite Christi crossbow men.





Per my usual MO... I finished them to match what I had already done, after all... who doesn't like a consistent army? And, the bases really tie a force together!



Here they are in all of their glory.. the last 4 crossbow men for the Milite Christi SAGA war band! I really changed up how I painted them and like the effects. I also used some GW ink and Nuln Oil to highlight, shadow, etc.... I am still learning to use inks and the oil, so I made a few mistakes... nothing I can't live with though.  I REALLY like using the Nuln Oil..... I will learn to use it better and the figures I paint will become that much better for it!



Here they all are as a unit. If you zoom in to the guy in red, you can see the Nuln oil wasn't washed away quick enough and it dried a dirty red color.... I am undecided if I like this and might go back and repaint the areas that should be clean and crisp.


 
 I also got the knight's horsed primed and based... well, based as I primed them a while ago.




And here sits everything I have left to do for the Milite Christi warband! I have to finish the commander and the mounted knights. All are ready for paint. Once these get done, I will then put the decals on and then seal them all. As I mentioned in my last post about the decals.... it rather bothers me that they are sold in packs of 12 and the box set and packs need either 8 or 16.... it is the whole hot dog bun vs hot dogs in a pack thing.. why don't they match up number wise?


The next post you see about the Milite Christi will be a work in progress on the knights and possibly their completion in one post.. I hope! Then it will most likely be on to my Norman SAGA warband! They will double as a crusader war band too!

No comments:

Post a Comment