Search This Blog

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Very slow to muster the warriors of Minas Tirith!

I started working on the warriors of Minas Tirith and didn't get far....again, lots of other distractions in life....





I used the same color scheme as I did for the knights, with darker grey highlights to bring out the details on the black.


At this point, the other four have all of the flesh tones and steel painted... they will be a quick finish when I get back to them... this week has flown by. I am hoping to get them done by the weeks end!


So, for now... I will cheat and filter in a picture of a Mordor troll and dragon/drake I recently finished.... (just before I started the blog.... I'll have a riders of Rohan update too.... again, figures I finished not too long ago)




For the Mordor Troll I went with flat, medium brows and dry brush.... mostly GW paints. I used snakebite leather for the drybrush  and mainly the Ral Partha Steel.... man, I love that color, it has just enough tarnish to look realistic... I hate shiny armor! The clothes and leather were the typical black and grey with drybrush highlights in lighter shades of grey. As it is a Mordor Troll I also went with the grey ground and dead looking grass scenic effects from Army Painter to try and add some variance with the base.



For the drake... I used all GW colors... I think I want to go back and ink it to make some of the details pop, but I am unsure, so here it is as finished for now. It is painted and drybrushed in a coupel shades of red, while the claws, etc.. are all bleached bone with some white mixed in for highlights... the eyes are yellow (no iris yet.. ) and the base is just a couple shades of Ral Partha grey.


I hope to one day get these beasts into battle against my other forces of good.... in all due time I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment