Search This Blog

Monday, April 24, 2017

Finishing up some Haradrim


Haradrim foot w/mounted & foot Captain and Suladin

Well, the week went faster than I would have liked, it always does.... life outside gaming must be maintained. I was able to knock out the touching up and basing of a small Haradrim force for GW LOTR miniature skirmish game. These were not fresh paints, but rather touching up, altering and basing of some figures I got from a friend a while back... One thing that went through my mind while working on these was.... "WOW... where does the time go?" I am sitting on stacks of figures I got almost 16 years ago.... and am only now getting to get them done..... damn, what a waste of mismanaged time! Anyway... I consider myself a mid-skill painter.... I am no pro by any standard, but sometimes I do get a figure to really come alive so to speak.....






Suladin Mounted
Suladin on foot




              
Anyway, these figures turned out well enough that I am pleased with them and would use them on a table top and admit that they were mine. I also have a Mumak and about another 20 or so unpainted Haradrim infantry, a command pack with standard and captain, an assassin Harashim and 6 of the plastic cav/riders.... The Mumak is painted well enough, it needs some touching up and the base needs redone. I got the Mumak and unpainted figures from the same friend while the GW Haradrim raiders/riders I got at HMGS Cold Wars 2017 in the flea market for a screaming good deal.... $15.. I was pleased with the find.

In the end though, for now.. I have 24 painted and based Haradrim with mounted and dismounted leaders.

I will bounce around a lot when painting, whether it be an era or different army list... I am planning on finishing up a very small unit of Minas Tirith cavalry, the old lead set with plastic horses...  It consists of Faramir, a standard bearer and 5 riders... AND, for good measure... mounted Boromir, because.. well.... BOROMIR!!!!

So, up next.... provided I do not get side tracked with WW1 1/144th or Brits & Zulus.... or any number of other projects....

Next project!


No comments:

Post a Comment